Last modified: November 19, 2019
We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy at any given time. If you want to make sure that you are up to date with the latest changes, we advise you to frequently visit the Site for updates. If at any point in time MBASS decides to make use of any personally identifiable information on file, in a manner materially different from that which was stated when this information was initially collected, the user or users shall be promptly notified by email. Users at that time shall have the option as to whether to permit the use of their information in this separate manner.
This Policy applies to MBASS and it governs any and all data collection and usage by us, including through the Site, in email, text and other electronic messages between you and the Site, and when available, through mobile and desktop applications you download from the Site, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Site.
Specifically, this Policy will inform you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through our Site;
- Why we collect personally identifiable information and the legal basis for such collection;
- How we use the collected information and with whom it may be shared;
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data; and
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
This Policy does not apply to information collected by:
- MBASS offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by MBASS or any third-party; or
- Any third-party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Site.
Information We Collect
This Site collects various types of information, such as:
- Information by which you may be identified, including your name, email address, gender, and occupation. (collectively, “Personal Information”);
- Information that is about you but individually does not identify you, including your age, gender, household income, political affiliation, race and religion, as well as your IP address; and
- Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site, cookies, server logs, third-party tracking technologies and/or usage details.
- The aforementioned information may either be collected: a) Directly from you when you voluntarily provide such information to us; or b) Automatically as you navigate through the Site.
Information Voluntarily Provided by You
It is always up to you whether to provide Personal Information to us, although if you elect not to do so, you may not register as a member of the Site and will be unable to receive any services or access certain network properties available only to members.
The information we collect on or through our Site may include (1) any information you provided by registering with the Site, which will include Personal Information and (2) records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
Please rest assured that this site will only collect Personal Information that you knowingly and willingly provide to us by way of surveys, completed membership registrations, and emails. It is the intent of this site to use Personal Information only for the purpose for which it was requested, and any additional uses specifically provided for on this Policy.
If, however, you provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter “posted”) on public areas of the Site, or transmitted to other users of the Site or third parties (collectively “User Contributions”), your User Contributions, including any disclosure of your Personal Information, will become non-confidential and are posted on or transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Site with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with the Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including cookies, third-party tracking technologies, server logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site; and/or
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
How Your Information Will be Used and How Long We Store Your Information
We are collecting your data for several reasons:
- To better understand your needs and provide you with the services you have requested;
- To fulfill our legitimate interest in improving our services and products;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information, including Personal Information, for;
- To send you promotional emails containing information we think you may like when we have your consent to do so;
- To contact you to fill out surveys or participate in other types of market research, when we have your consent to do so;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contract entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To customize our Site according to your online behavior and personal preferences; or
- For any other purposes with your consent.
MBASS does not now, nor will it in the future, sell, rent or lease any of Personal Information collected to any third parties.
MBASS uses various third-party social media features including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr and other interactive programs. These may collect your IP address and require cookies to work properly. These services are governed by the privacy policies of the providers and are not within MBASS’s control.
Disclosure of Information
MBASS may not use or disclose the information provided by you except under the following circumstances:
- As necessary to provide services or products you have ordered;
- In other ways described in this Policy or to which you have otherwise consented;
- In the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined;
- As required by law, or in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- To outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- As necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
- As necessary to maintain, safeguard and preserve all the rights and property of MBASS
MBASS greatly respects your privacy. We do maintain and reserve the right to contact you if needed for non-marketing purposes (such as bug alerts, security breaches, account issues, and/or changes in MBASS products and services). In certain circumstances, we may use the Site or any other public forum to post such notices.
Children under the age of 13
MBASS’s Site is not directed to, and does not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from, children under the age of thirteen (13). If it is determined that such information has been inadvertently collected on anyone under the age of thirteen (13), we shall immediately take the necessary steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our system’s database, or in the alternative, that verifiable parental consent is obtained for the use and storage of such information. Anyone under the age of thirteen (13) must seek and obtain parent or guardian permission to use the Site.
Unsubscribe or Opt-Out
All users and visitors to our Site have the option to discontinue receiving communications from us by way of email or newsletters. To discontinue or unsubscribe from our Site please send an email that you wish to unsubscribe to [email protected] If you wish to unsubscribe or opt-out from any third-party websites, you must go to that specific website to unsubscribe or opt-out. MBASS will continue to adhere to this Policy with respect to any personal information previously collected.
Links to Other Websites
Notice to European Union Users
MBASS’s operations are located primarily in the United States. If a user from the European Union provides information to us, the information will be transferred out of the European Union (EU) and sent to the United States. By providing personal information to us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described in this Policy.
The servers in which we store the information you voluntarily provided are kept in a secure server run by Amazon Web Services, Inc. (the “Servers”). By providing your information to us, you consent to MBASS storing your Personal Information on the Server. For clarity, the Server host’s role is only to provide a hosting and storage services to MBASS – we retain control of the information you provided in accordance to the terms of this policy.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
Acceptance of Terms
How to Contact Us
Email: [email protected]
Mailing Address: Musician’s BASS, Inc. PO Box 7383, Santa Cruz, California 95061